Saturday, November 16, 2013

Because I hate myself

Hello!

Hopefully this site will (eventually) have some handy resources for cosplayers (and costumers) from all levels of ability, for a variety of different cosplay characters and costuming needs.  However, this blog is mostly going to be cosplay related, well, blogging!

For example.  You might notice that in the Progress Logs above, I've gone from mainly makeup-and-hair based cosplays (with a bit of basic sewing and patterning) into full-on Oh God I've Gone Crazy and I'm going to turn my husband and myself into Thor and Loki from Thor: The Dark World.

Why do I do this?

Well, partly because my husband is 6"6', blond, bearded, and stacked, and has been begging me to make him a good costume for Dragoncon for the past SEVEN YEARS.  (Apparently dressing him in sweatpants and giving him a NATO Phonetic Alphabet (we went with Kilo) designator for a name doesn't count... )

Partly because I really really love Marvel's take on those two brothers, and while I am not QUITE a screaming Loki fangirl, I'm not proud of my obsession levels these days. 

Partly because it's nice to find a well-known character set that works for our (general) body types and sizes so well.

Partly because I need an incentive to move into hardware work that isn't entirely kludge-based.

But really, honesty impels me to admit that it really is (everyone say it with me) "because I hate myself."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; criticisms and suggestions are welcome, but let's keep it classy. If you've got a good idea but a nasty presentation, I reserve the right to re-post the idea but not your actual comment.